Discover the Emlid Reach RS+ GNSS Receiver (Open Box Value)
The EMLID Reach RS+ is a high precision RTK receiver using GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS and SBAS satellites to allow positioning with centimeter level precision. While standard GPS receivers in automobiles and cell phones, have 3-5 meter accuracy, the Reach RS+ can receive correction data from various sources to compensate for atmospheric propagation errors. These corrections can be from a public correction network (free in many states) or another RTK receiver. The Reach RS+ has built-in WIFI, bluetooth, serial, and LoRa radio with up to 8 km range to receive correction information or transmit position coordinates.
The Reach RS+ Receiver can be used several ways:
1) Stand alone (but accuracy no better than cell phone GPS.)
2) Utilizing cell-phone internet “NTRIP” corrections from free CORS networks.
3) With a second Reach RS+ receiver to act as a base station supplying corrections (base/rover configuration).
4) With other RTK Receivers to act as a base station and supply correction data.
5) In Post Processing Mode, where raw data is saved to device, and post-processed later (good when cell signals or base station not available.)
The Reach RS+ is a single frequency GNSS receiver, which will have longer initialization times and more difficulty in poor locations than dual-frequency receivers. Instead of 15-30 second initialization times, it will usually take several minutes to get a FIX. It also requires outdoor use with clear sky view, and doesn’t work well under dense foliage or in “urban canyons.”
If you do not have free state supplied real time corrections (a free CORS network) and you don’t want to do post-processing, you may want to buy two receivers, one to act as base, and one as a rover, for centimeter level accuracy.
For more information, visit EMLID.COM or view the many EMLID Reach RS+ youtube tutorials.